Saturday, June 9, 2007

The last day of school was really hard and bittersweet. I am supposed to be thrilled that it's summer vacation, and I really am, but I am also really sad that I'm not going to see my students again. The last 9 months were spent dedicated to that group of 115 and now, suddenly, they're gone. It's probably really unhealthy that I spent so much time thinking about them, and now I am unsure of what to do next. I need to relax, but already I'm thinking about what I'm going to do next year. A group of teachers went out after school to celebrate, and I couldn't participate in the revelry. Then, I went back to school to clean my room, drove onto campus, and a group of kids had returned to sit on the picnic benches. They screamed when they saw me, and piled into my car. They were able to cheer me up. So, at least the day ended brightly.
I think I need to spend a few weeks not looking at any teaching books, blogs, websites, etc., and dedicate my time to ME.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.