Monday, January 8, 2007

I wish

First day of school, first blog post. I am going to try to keep this teacher blog up.

To begin our poetry unit, each student finished the sentence "I wish..." I then put their lines together to form poems and these are what resulted:

Block 4’s Wishes

I wish I could do whatever I want to do.
I wish there was such a thing as a happy ending.
I wish we wouldn’t have to move to Texas too soon.
I wish I could have and drive a Ferrari Enzo right now at any speed I want.
I wish I could be rich so I could help people and myself for good things.
I wish I was rich.

I wish I could get better grades and get as many things as I want.
I wish there was no school.
I wish I could take a ride in a monster truck while it was doing its freestyle round in Monster Jam.
I wish that the world would not be so overwhelmingly black.
I wish I had super strength.
I wish I was super rich!

I wish, I wish I was a fish.
I wish that my family was in better condition than it is now.
I wish I could go home and not have homework and that I could watch movies and eat all the good food in my house.
I wish that my parents would let me make my own decisions and not treat me like a baby.
I wish that I could fly.
I wish I had $1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.

I wish that all the people in the world that judge would stop stereotyping and making comments about other people.
I wish to meet someone that understands me.
I wish that school could be so much easier.
I wish I could have spent one more day with my grandpa before he died.
I wish I could fly really high in the sky.
I wish I had one million dollars.

I wish that there wouldn’t be any fake people in my life, that they would just be themselves.
I wish my life was perfect.
I wish we didn’t have to die.
I wish the darkness wouldn’t be so dark.
I wish everyone was nice to each other.
I wish one day I will be a successful woman.

Block 1’s Wishes

I wish we had no homework.
I wish that all my hopes, dreams, and this wish would come true.
I wish that people will love each other, no matter.
I wish I had powers.
I wish for a wii.
I wish school were shorter.
I wish that when I get older I will have a lot of money and build my own home.
I wish for equality.
I wish I could fly.
I wish that everyone was treated the same as everybody else.
I wish life wasn’t so hard.
I wish to have a nice house and to travel around the world.
I wish that all the channels on our TV weren’t locked.
I wish I were a marine biologist studying dolphins and fish in Hawaii on the smooth wet sand.
I wish I could run at superspeed.
I wish that I could go to Florida.
I wish I had a bigger house, a 2- or 3-story house.
I wish I could have a more positive attitude.
I wish it were the last day of school already.
I wish for an easier way to finish school because I have a fear of dropping out of high school.
I wish I had telepathic and invisible powers.
I wish what I want would come easy.
I wish I were a monkey.
I wish I could be happy all the time.
I wish for a fish that swims in a dish.
I wish I had straight A’s in all my classes.
I wish I didn’t have to write poetry.
I wish I were a bird so I could fly all over the world.
I wish I were a movie star.
I wish I could stay in my childhood forever.
I wish for love in my life, wealth in my life, health in my life and a perfect life.

Block 3’s Wishes

I wish I could change the world with just one voice.
I wish I didn’t have to leave my friends.
I wish my life had meaning, I wish all that had happened to me was burned, I wish I could go back in time and say sorry to my feelings that I left behind.
I wish I could have a dog.
I wish I could have longer hair and have good grades.
I wish my grandfather were still alive to be with his family at Christmas.
I wish I could fly and get invisible whenever I want.
I wish I had at least seen what my little sister looked like.
I wish people wouldn’t judge other people by their looks, nationality, religion, gender or if they are gay or bi.
I wish that even if my life isn’t good, for everyone I know to have a better life.
I wish everything would be better.
I wish I was rich.
I wish it could be summer.
I wish the war would end for peace and all the homeless people would not live in the streets.
I wish for a lifetime supply of wishes.
I wish I could see my grandpa one last time.
I wish that the war would end, for peace on earth and the end of world hunger.
I wish that life would be fair and that being sad wouldn’t be so overwhelming.
I wish my hair was not as frizzy but smoother.
I wish I could fly like a bird.
I wish I had a sloth.
I wish that I could have a lifetime supply of wishes, so I could help the world but also have some of my wishes for myself come true.
I wish it weren’t so, but life, love and happiness all end abruptly and painfully when we die.
I wish I had my own cell phone because I have had a lot of emergencies without my family being with me.
I wish the war in Iraq would stop so people could come home to their families.
I wish that I could fly.
I wish that the person I like feels the same way as I do.
I wish I had 500 billion dollars so I can be the richest person in the whole world.
I wish I had the courage to confront my friend about how she just threw our 7-year friendship down the garbage disposal.
I wish for no war because there are already 3,000 people dead!
I wish that one day when I get older I’ll be happy and have a nice family full of love.

You know, in case one forget that kids are real (I sometimes do), these poems are a powerful reminder of what's going on in our kiddos' lives.

No comments: